Dear ELP families,
We are excited to welcome you back. Thank you for your patience as we figure out what our program looks like in scenario 1 with ‘near normal’ conditions. There will be significant changes and the program will not be the same as previous years, but we are committed to making it great!
We will begin the Early Learning Program after the September long weekend with a staggered entry. You will be contacted by the ELE next week with the day your child will be invited to attend the program to meet the teacher and check out the space. Parents wishing to enter the ELP building on this day will need to wear a mask.
Regular ELP programming will begin Monday, September 14 for all ELP children.
Here is some important information that you need to know:
- ELP hours are from 8:45-11:45. The doors will open at 8:40 and will be locked at 11:50. Children will be dropped off at the main doors of the ELP and will be welcomed by an ELP staff member into the class. Students will be picked up outside behind the preschool.
- Parents must complete a COVID-19 screen each day using the COVID-19 screening tool found here.
- Children must not come to school when they are sick or exhibiting any symptoms from the COVID-19 screening tool. Children who become sick at school will be isolated and parents will be expected to pick them up promptly.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the ELP building, other than the day they are assigned to in the staggered entry.
- All children will be provided with school supplies purchased by the school. Parents will be charged a fee of 10.00.
- Parents are asked to supply:
- A labeled lunch kit with 2 snacks that your child can independently open.
- An extra set of clothes (to be left at the school)
- A pair of inside shoes (preferably to be left at the school)
- A bag of play dough.
- Children will be expected to socially distance 2 meters. We understand that this requirement will be a challenge and we’re looking at creative ways to manage the space.
- Children will not be allowed to share any materials, manipulatives or toys.
- Children will be expected to sanitize when entering and leaving the school.
- Hand washing will happen frequently throughout the morning.
- Children will be outside a lot. Please come dressed for the weather every day.
- ELP will follow Alberta Government school re-entry protocol and procedures for K-12. More information can be found here.
- While not all of the information will pertain to ELP, you can get a better understanding of how Sunnyside School will be welcoming students and keeping everyone safe by reading the school handbook found here.
- Parents and siblings will not be allowed on the playground during school hours as we need all the space for our ELP-Grade 6 students to stay within the guidelines.
We can’t wait to meet you!
All the best,
Mrs. Hudson, Early Learning Educator
Miss Shannon, Early Learning Assistant
Mrs. Adserballe, Principal