Sunnyside School Student Expectations for Google Meet
- Choose a place in the house for the Google meet that has a wall in the background so others in the household aren’t walking behind the student participating in the meet and in view of the camera. When possible, avoid bedrooms. If students need to be in their bedroom, it should not be obvious to the others in the meet.
- The school dress code applies and students should be dressed as they would for school.
- Students should mute their mike until directed by the teacher.
- The conversation needs to be kind and respectful just as we would expect in the school classroom.
- Unless the teacher asks students to bring objects to the meet, they should not be in view of the camera (toys/stuffies etc)
- Please make sure only students who the meet is intended for are present. No younger or older siblings please.
Joining a Meet
K-3-- Your teacher will give you a meet code that you will use for every meeting
4-6-- click on the link in Google Classroom
Learning at Home
While teachers have prepared daily lessons for students to complete at home during the pandemic, these websites have been carefully chosen to further support learning and provide enrichment.
National Geographic has created an amazing website to support learning at home.
Read, Wonder, Learn-- Author Kate Messner takes you on a journey of learning
Learn Alberta is an amazing resource that features an Online Reference Centre which provides free access to great tools such as Scholastic digital books, Britannica, National Geographic and so much more!
Access Learning is a great resource for all grade levels and all subject areas. Username: free Password: 2020
Scholastic Education offers a wide range of resources to support curriculum. From science experiments to researching your favourite topic, you're sure to find it here!
Online Access to Books
The following websites will lead you to fantastic read alouds and opportunities to explore stories online.
Sora is an app that lets you access it through your laptop, phone or tablet. The Sora app was designed around the modern student reading experience. It empowers students to discover and enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from their school, for both leisure and class-assigned reading online library. Login with your student Palliser email account and get free access. Choose Palliser School Division as your school.
Tumblebooks offers digital & audio picture books, novels,non fiction as well as fun puzzles & games! (free access until July 2020) Username: Sunnysideshines Password: trial
RAZ-Kids--Check in with your child's teacher to get a login and password. NOTE--students will no longer have free access to RAZ kids effective July 1 as the trial expires.